Wandering through the technical landscape
I am a hobbyist and professional programming language designer and compiler writer. I currently am paid to work on FOSS by SlamData.
This blog is a blog, not a textbook or research publication. I’ll probably get things wrong a lot. Please (politely) challenge my assumptions in the comments or feel free to ask for references, but don’t blindly trust anything I’ve written here.
- You Already Celebrate τDay
- 14 Mar 2015
- Today is πDay, at least according to some subset of nerdy Americans. People outside of the US may claim that 31-4 (April 31st) or 22/71 (July 22nd) is the “right” πDay. Of course, the enlightened few among us have no love for π (despite any love of pie) and instead...
- Quiet Relaunch
- 08 Feb 2015
- I haven’t updated this blog in over two years. Seems about par for the course. But – between a co-worker mentioning that he found my unpublished posts (because GitHub) more interesting than my published posts, an old friend telling me to put out a “shitty first draft”, and finally my...
- Introducing Opt-Check
- 03 Sep 2012
- I’ve been meaning to blog about the various libraries I’ve published, so I might as well start with the one I’ve published today – Opt-Check. Opt-Check was coalesced from various bits and pieces of code that help me with something I end up doing all the time: checking whether various...
- Common Lisp Type Hierarchy
- 03 Mar 2012
- I’ve updated my very old CL class hierarchy image. Of course, it shouldn’t need to be updated, since CL hasn’t been updated either, but I added all of the types, plus MOP classes, along with some (probably confusing) annotations for things that change depending on whether or not you have...
- Starting Fresh
- 02 Mar 2012
- Yet another attempt to get me back to blogging about code. It’s been a while, but I have a few posts queued up, so we’ll see if I can rebuild the habit. If you’re interested in my old stuff, it’s still available at my site (although much of it has...